Current in Maksamaa archipelago
Recurring events in the archipelago
- Toboggan fun at the toboggan slope in Djupsund, Saturday week 7
- Easter bonfire, Easter Saturday
- Folkhälsan’s hikes, in the summer
- Swimming school, Folkhälsan, Särkimo, week 26-27
- Archipelago fair, Österö, Saturday week 27
- Singalong, Österö, July/August
- Fall fair, Stråkaviken, September
- Saint Lucy’s Day procession, Kvimo, 13.12
- The school’s Saint Lucy’s Day morning, 12 or 13.12
Development project for the countryside
Forward together-Maksamaa archipelago (1.3.2020-31.10.2021)
Maxmo skärgårdsförening rf has been granted funds from the European Agricultural Fund and Leadergruppen Aktion-Österbotten for countryside development, as well as from Svenska kulturfonden to carry out the countryside development project Framåt i samverkan, Maxmo skärgård (Forward together, Maksamaa archipelago). The goal of the project is to map what types of services and activities the inhabitants and holiday residents of Maksamaa archipelago are in need of. Within the project we explore new possible collaboration forms and synergies between nonprofit, commercial, and municipal services. The long-term goal is to find tangible solutions that can benefit the growth and quality of life in the region.
Read more in swedish on the swedish website.